If you have been diagnosed with Gerd (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease), getting the right kind of treatment can be frustrating. Treatment for Gerd starts with a visit to your doctors. Most doctors will prescribe a certain type of medication; however other doctors might consider acid reflux natural remedies instead. Due to the fact that certain medications come with unwanted side effects, you might want to consider the latter and discuss this option with your doctor.
Prescription drugs for this condition were not intended to be taken for long periods of time. Take for example, the over the counter medication, antacids. Antacids are very popular and widely used worldwide for the temporary relief of stomach acid. They are quick and simple and that is why people like them, however they do absolutely nothing in the treatment for Gerd.
On the other hand, acid reflux natural remedies are used to cure Gastroesophageal Reflux disease and have been tested by natural health doctors. These natural treatments work to heal damage and strengthen the esophagus, because letting stomach acid go can lead to more serious conditions including cancer of the esophagus. With that being said, let's explore some of the more natural ways to fight this condition and get rid of it before it turns into a life threatening problem.
Tested Acid Reflux Natural Remedies
1. Limit alcohol consumption. Alcohol increases stomach acid. Reducing your alcohol intake, especially if you have Gerd, will reduce they symptoms of this condition. Also, consuming alcohol in the evening is believed to produce night time symptoms as well as other health problems.
2. Change your diet. You do not have to go on a diet; however limit your food intake. Also, do not eat large meals just before bed as this triggers heartburn and other symptoms such as coughing. Reason being is because acid travels up out of the stomach and into the throat. Raise your head up about 6 to 8 inches. Also, eating your meals 3 to 4 hours before bedtime is a good way of preventing unwanted symptoms.
3. Apples are a natural treatment for Gerd. They are nutritious and work wonders on fighting acid reflux. If you feel a sudden attack, eat an apple (preferably a red one).
4. Drink plenty of water, especially after every meal. Water seals the sphincter more tight preventing acid to be refluxed.
5. Eat a teaspoon of honey before bed. Honey is a natural healer of tissue and will actually speed up the healing process of the sphincter.
When dealing with finding a treatment for Gerd, always be seeking knowledge. Include acid reflux natural remedies in your healing process. Be sure to always talk with your doctor before trying any type of natural treatment and avoid the things that are big triggers to the Gerd disease. Keeping yourself healthy is top priority, so be sure to equip yourself with all the knowledge you can on this disease and stay consistent with treatment.
Autor: Nicha Testler
Are you sick and tired of that nagging feeling burning a hole through your chest? If you're really sick & tired of debilitating acid reflux, heartburn or GERD effecting your life, then this may be the most critically important website you will visit - get acid reflux remedies
Added: July 6, 2009